I haven't been blogging lately, so here's an update.
* Had a Tom Miller art show at Hardback Cafe. Noel Leroux wrote a nice article for it here.
* Still busy with school. My seven-year performance art piece, Professor Miller is in its 5th year, and I'm due to graduate early 2017.
CLICK FOR THE ARTICLE
* Nothing by Miller - Documentary - In editing process.
* Son of the Bride of Gootis - Movie - In process.
* The Acrosstown Theatre has chosen my play, UMMU for their 2017 season. Michael Bobbitt to direct.
* Live shows of the The Reverend Angeldust's Tabernacle of Hedonism (a.k.a. The Tom Miller Show) continue each Monday night at 10:30 pm / Downtown Gainesville at Maude's Side Car Bar. The Tom Miller Show is currently the longest running live variety show in America.
* Restoration/Preservation Reinhard Palovcik FREDInk Archives proceeding nicely. We still need money for the iMac to be used for video restoration, archiving, and editing. For audio, we have restored a number of things, the latest of which are listed here:
Sumac the Healing Voice - Region 1 (1993)
Sumac - Gabriella (1992)
Tom Miller - Dead-n-Funny - Full Album (1984)
Robert Johnson - Pool of Wax (1988)
Penguin - Little Amusement (1988)
Penguin - Cry (1988)
Tom Miller w/ Robert Peterson - In The Streets (1988)
Space Masons - The Edge ('90s)
Plastic Age - Live at the Hogsbreath Saloon - Icarus (1987)
Jack Mason - Out Of The Hole - FREDInk Sampler (1992)
Vini and the Demons LIve at the HardRock Cafe, Chicago (2002)
Vini and the Demons Live at the SideBar - Gainesville (2001)
Cracked Actor - Live at University Club - Sunbeam (2001)
Cracked Actor - Live at University Club (2001)
Vini and the Demons Live on Maxwell Street - (2004)
The Miller & Pearl Show - Full Episode
Tom Miller will be designing the sound for UF's productions of The Divine - a Play for Sarah Bernhardt / D. Dr. Young, and King Lear / D. Dr. Williams.
Tom Miller is a Kennedy Center National Sound Design Award Nominee for Comedy of Errors (D. Dr. Williams), University of Florida.
Tom Miller is currently working with Shamrock McShane and Michael McShane on a mixed-media project called Scenes from the Cave Wall. For a taste of Scenes, click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWEICIW94Gs
Tom Miller will be performing a piece called, "Deciding the Eagles". Mr. Miller will endure six solid hours of every studio album ever recorded by The Eagles, and at the conclusion of this event, will decide for America once and for all whether or not the Eagles suck, or are great. Inspired by Donald Trump, Miller believes he is the only one who can decide for America and solve this problem for the following reasons: 1. He is a Gainesville resident and the founding member Don Felder was also born in Gainesville. 2. Tom Miller is an experienced audio engineer and musician with over 30 years of experience in deciding whether music sucks or not. 3. Tom Miller is the only person in the world willing to listen to every studio album by the Eagles, one after another, until the job is completed.
Says Tom, "I have seen no evidence on Google that anyone has attempted to listen to every studio album by the Eagles and it's time somebody did it for the good of the country. We can't have people fighting over the Eagles any more. We need a decision, and only I can make it. Our country will finally take it easy, and not be so desperado!" (Coming November of 2016).
Tom Miller is currently in rehearsal for the one man show, Thom Pain (Based on Nothing) by Will Eno, set to begin live performances in December of 2016.
Please help us raise money to fund our restoration project for VIDEOS! Find out more about the project at this link below. A donation of $100 gets you an official Tom Miller Art Print, which he will gladly sign for you.